Be a part of the conversation
Each month we bring the community together to discuss a wide variety of arts-related topics. This free series features area experts in a fun, casual, after-work setting with beverages and snacks. Each spark typically lasts one hour. Come listen, come join in the conversation, or just come meet some new like-minded friends.
We also have periodic spark jr. events which are geared toward families. Check out our Facebook events section for upcoming events, and if you have an idea for a future discussion, please email us at email@example.com. We look forward to sparking a conversation with you soon!
Calendar of Events
- September 8, Jay Etkin Gallery, 6p reception/6:30 conversation: Grassroots arts organizations from start up to success. We examine the process from challenging the status quo and working with existing groups to building community awareness and serving community need. Featuring Hattiloo Theatre, Ballet Memphis, Blues Hall of Fame and Centro Cultural Latino de Memphis.
- October 15, Playhouse Cafe, 6:30 reception/conversation: Relating to Race. We will speak to how to open doors to better use the arts as a voice for different peoples, faces and tongues represented in our community.
- November 10, Artist as Social Activist.
- January 19, Economically Development: Artfully Speaking.
- March 10, Spillit: Emerging Artists.