As the only STOTT PILATES® Licensed Training Center, we are proud to offer teacher certification for those wanting to start a new career path.
For current instructors, additional certification courses and workshops to upgrade your current training are available. We offer an extensive program of courses and workshops with various career paths to suit your needs.
Courses are taught by Tamara Hoffmann, Certified Instructor Trainer for STOTT PILATES®and ballet mistress for Ballet Memphis.
Applications are available by calling the Pilates Centre at 901.753.4177 or online.
Applications must be accompanied by two letters of reference and a nonrefundable deposit. Space is limited and applications are processed on a first-come, first-served basis. Pre-registration must be submitted two weeks prior to event.
INTENSIVE BARRELS - IBRL
Dates: March 11 and 12
Hours: 10 course hours
STOTT/ACE/ CEC Hours: 1.0
Building on your industry knowledge and the material learned in IMP or IR you learn to design and lead the Level 1 Essential and Intermediate STOTT PILATES Ladder Barrel, Spine Corrector and Arc Barrel repertoire for personal or group training settings for a range of clients.
What you will learn:
- How to apply the STOTT PILATES Five Basic Principles to exercises on the Arc Barrel, Spine Corrector and Ladder Barrel
- Exercises from the STOTT PILATES Essential and Intermediate Barrel repertoire
- To understand movement essence and exercise goals
- How to support the spine in flexion, lateral flexion or extension, to target core and peripheral muscle groups, and to adapt exercises to specific body types
- How to incorporate the barrels into a full-body workout and program for specific body types, postural issues and conditions
- To develop effective communication and observational skills, verbal cueing and imagery for performance enhancement and client motivation
INTENSIVE CADILLAC – ICAD
Dates: April 21, 22, 23, May 12, 13, 2017
Hours: 25 Course Hours
STOTT/ACE CEC Hours: 2.5
Building on your industry knowledge and the material learned in IMP or IR you learn to design and lead the Level 1 Essential and Intermediate STOTT PILATES Cadillac repertoire for personal or group training settings for a range of clients. 125 exercises on the Cadillac Trapeze Table
What you will learn:
- A variety of exercises performed on the Cadillac Trapeze Table through the full Essential and Intermediate repertoire
- To become better acquainted with the Cadillac as a tool to create complete workouts or as a complement to routines featuring Matwork and other equipment
- To observe and experience a variety of exercises utilizing the Cadillac’s features including the Roll-Down Bar, Push-Thru Bar, Trapeze, Leg and Arm Springs
- The goals of each exercise, biomechanics and alignment, as well as cueing and correcting for safety and effectiveness
- How to apply the STOTT PILATES Five Basic Principles to a variety of exercises, variations and modifications
- Familiarity with the safety guidelines and application of the equipment for a variety of clients
INTENSIVE REFORMER - IR
50 Course Hours
ADVANCED CADILLAC - AC
Date: June 3, 2017
6 Course Hours
Save the Date!
March 4, April 8, May 6 TBA
For Information and Registration
™/® Trademark or registered trademark of Merrithew Corporation, used under license.